logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matthew  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2009 12:14:28 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
From BBC:

Quote:
What do you get if you divide science by God?
Tuesday, 24 March 2009

A prize-winning quantum physicist says a spiritual reality is veiled from us, and science offers a glimpse behind that veil. So how do scientists investigating the fundamental nature of the universe assess any role of God, asks Mark Vernon.

UserPostedImage

Quite an interesting article. How's the last comment left by an Atheist? "Everything in life is pointless from that point of view, experiences - my enjoyment of living is my spirituality, for me there is no God and why does that matter?" If only he knew?!

PS: I'm wondering if we should have one thread, for example Science in the News, for articles such as this, unless of course they merit their own topic.
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2009 12:17:53 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Science is great for the purpose of advancing technology for men... so that we may bring our vile habits to planets unknown. Living today for the sake of living... sure raises questions as some atheists ponder their fate. What is life and why should we value it today if it has no purpose other than to propagate life into a future where life WILL be terminated by an ELE? There is no hope for the future if there is no future for hope. So why bother? Fortunately, we know what we are here for. Getting the Message across to others is what makes our life more interesting and valuable. Pity the atheist, pity the agnostic, pity the religious. But never be condescending to anyone and try to share the Truth with them if they are willing to listen.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.