logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2007 7:26:08 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
יַחְדִּיאֵל (yachidiy'el) is mentioned in the Ga'al chapter of Salvation many times. I understand full well that it could be out there but I can't with my limited resources find it. I have looked for it at an online Hebrew/English site called mechon-mamre.org and all I can find is Yachid with a waw at the end (יַחְדָּו).

Yeshayahu 52:9: ט פִּצְחוּ רַנְּנוּ יַחְדָּו, חָרְבוֹת יְרוּשָׁלִָם: כִּי-נִחַם יְהוָה עַמּוֹ, גָּאַל יְרוּשָׁלִָם.

It's not in the ISR, and it's not in the Strong's King James concordance. I have the Dead Sea Scrolls Bible by Abegg Jr., Flint, and Ulrich

This is Yeshayahu 52:8-9 according to them:

'Listen, your watchmen lift up their voices, together they sing for joy: for in plain sight they will see the return of (YHWH) to Zion with compassion. 9 Break forth together into singing you ruins of Jerusalem: for (YHWH) has comforted his people and he has redeemed Jerusalem.'

This is Yada's version in Ga'al

'Listen, your watchmen lift up their voices and shout for joy, 'Yachdiy'el,' they sing. For in plain sight they will look upon, inspect, and observe with their own eyes Yahuweh's return to Zion with mercy. Burst forth, sober up and shout: 'Yachdiy'el,' desolated Yaruwshalaim. Yahuweh has shown compassion and comforted His repentive and changed family, and He has redeemed and restored Yaruwshalaim.'

Here is Yada's commentary on together/yachidiy'el:

'Yahuweh says: "Listen (qowl), your watchmen (tsaphah - lookouts, those who are observant and watch closely) lift up (nasa') their voices and shout for joy (run - become sober, awakening from a drunken stupor and respond, signaling loudly and publicly), 'Yachdiy'el,' they sing. For in plain sight they will look upon, inspect, and observe (ra'ah) with their own eyes ('ownah) Yahuweh's return (shuwb) to Zion with mercy (racham)." (Yasha'yah/Isaiah 52:8)

"Racham/mercy" does not exist in the Mesoretic Tanach. Rabbis may have felt that "mercy" was too similar to "grace," and removed the obvious reference to the foundational term of the Renewed Covenant Scriptures. Yachdiy'el (יַחְדִּיאֵל) exists in the Tanach, but it is translated "together" which is misleading because it is clearly a compound name and thus needs to be transliterated and defined. Yachad (יַחַד) means "unitedness and union, altogether and alike." 'El (אֵל) means: "God." Thus "Yachdiy'el" on the lips of those observing Yahushua's return tells us that they have finally come to recognize that Yahuweh and Yahushua are "One, altogether united and alike." The Old and Renewed Covenants are brought together as are Yahuweh and His family with Yachdiy'el.This joyous reunion will occur as the largest army ever assembled, 200,000,000 troops, gathers in the valley of Megiddo, pointing their weapons upon a now desolate Jerusalem. "Burst forth (patsach), sober up and shout (run): 'Yachdiy'el [God is One Unity],' desolated (chorbah - ruined and wasted, destroyed and lifeless rubble of) Yaruwshalaim [that which pours out restoration]. Yahuweh has shown compassion and has comforted His repentive and changed (nacham) family ('am), and He has redeemed (ga'al - restored by way of a ransom paid by a kinsman-redeemer) Yaruwshalaim." (Yasha'yah/Isaiah 52:9) Halaluyah!

Starting with the seventh verse of the 52nd chapter and running through Isaiah 53, the Mesoretic Tanach is so inconsistent with the Qumran Isaiah Scrolls, the editors of the Dead Sea Bible felt compelled to acknowledge the great contribution the 1,300-year-older manuscripts have bequeathed upon those of us who yearn to know what Yahuweh actually revealed. They do not, however, state the obvious. Since these words comprise Scripture's most important prophecy, that of the redemption of man by the Messiah Yahushua, the very Savior whom the Rabbis are most wont to deny, the increased propensity of alterations is obviously purposeful.

I share this revelation with you for two reasons. If you are a religious Catholic, Protestant, or Jew, stop relying upon the words of men. They deceive and destroy. They are death. Second, if you are wondering why some of what I'm sharing varies significantly from your KJV, NKJV, NIV, NASB, or JPS, the answer is that I am relying upon the Yasha'yah text as it is preserved in the 2,200 year old Isaiah Scroll found in Qumran rather than the poison produced by the Rabbinical Mesoretes.'

I am not saying it's not there. I am just wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction to finding a resource that does indeed have the Yachidiy'el in it. As I said before I only have limited resources so it's not any real wonder I haven't found it, but I would really be overjoyed if somebody could point me in the right direction.
Shalom,
Jake
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline shalom82  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2007 9:28:30 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Thank you Swalchy.

3164 is indeed Yachidiy'el. It's a proper name and you can find it in the verse 1 Chron. 5:24 (for anyone interested). But I guess what I meant to say and what I should have said is that Strong's used 3162 (yachid) for the verses that are in question. Specifically 3162 was used in Yashayahu 52:8-9.

Yada wrote
'Starting with the seventh verse of the 52nd chapter and running through Isaiah 53, the Mesoretic Tanach is so inconsistent with the Qumran Isaiah Scrolls, the editors of the Dead Sea Bible felt compelled to acknowledge the great contribution the 1,300-year-older manuscripts have bequeathed upon those of us who yearn to know what Yahuweh actually revealed. They do not, however, state the obvious. Since these words comprise Scripture's most important prophecy, that of the redemption of man by the Messiah Yahushua, the very Savior whom the Rabbis are most wont to deny, the increased propensity of alterations is obviously purposeful.

I share this revelation with you for two reasons. If you are a religious Catholic, Protestant, or Jew, stop relying upon the words of men. They deceive and destroy. They are death. Second, if you are wondering why some of what I'm sharing varies significantly from your KJV, NKJV, NIV, NASB, or JPS, the answer is that I am relying upon the Yasha'yah text as it is preserved in the 2,200 year old Isaiah Scroll found in Qumran rather than the poison produced by the Rabbinical Mesoretes.'

I absolutely agree understand and resign myself to the fact that the Mesoretes played copy edit with the Tanakh, and the fact that the Mesoretic text led to an even more errant English translation. I am not doubting Yada's scholarship or anything like that. I just really really really want to see Yachidiy'el with my own two eyes. I wonder if anybody could tell me what book to get so I could read all this amazing wonderful....stuff...for lack of a better word I really am hoping a book will have it because honestly I can't afford Logos rignt now.

I remember in Psalm 22 when I read in my dead sea scrolls bible that it wasn't 'like a lion are my hands and feet' but 'they have pierced my hands and feet'. That was an awesome moment.

Shalom,
Jacob

Edit #1:

ok, I THINK I may have found it. It's at http://www.ao.net/~fmoeller/qum-43.htm. The chapters and verses are marked. If you are interested go to Chapter 52 verse 9. Then go to the last word on the first line of the ninth verse (before it drops down to the next line (which shares the line with verse ten)) I can definitely make out יַחְדִּי. But the problem is still there is no El. There is something that looks like a vav at the end of "yachidiy", and it could be an aleph, because alephs and vavs were actually written in a similar way according to the chart that Swalchy gave me. But there is no Lamed
(לָ) though. It could be that it has vanished from wear and tear and all. If anybody has any knowledge about this section please share your knowledge with us.

Shalom,
Jacob

P.S. The modern Hebrew has no yod at the end of Yachid instead it has a vav.

If somebody could tell me how to add pictures, I have circled the probable words so people can see them.

Edit: upon further review, it looks like that possible vav on the end is too big to be a vav or an aleph. I find the yod at the end of yachid to be significant because you do not find that yod in the modern Hebrew versions.

Edit #2

So this whole issue has really been driving me crazy. I have been to a lot of sites trying to find an original source with Yachidiy'el. I was looking at how the strong's concordance listed the word in question as H3162. I am going to list a couple of relevent words:

H3162
יחד
yachad
yakh'-ad
From H3161; properly a unit, that is, (adverbially) unitedly: - alike, at all (once), both, likewise, only, (al-) together, withal.

H3163
יחדוyachdô
yakh-doe'
From H3162 with pronominal suffix; his unity, that is, (adverbially) together; Jachdo,(Yakhdo) an Israelite: - Jahdo.

H3164
יחדּיאלyachdîy'êl
yakh-dee-ale'
From H3162 and H410; unity of God; Jachdiel, an Israelite: - Jahdiel.

NOW, let us look to the modern Hebrew for Yeshayahu 52:8-9

ח קוֹל צֹפַיִךְ נָשְׂאוּ קוֹל, יַחְדָּו יְרַנֵּנוּ: כִּי עַיִן בְּעַיִן יִרְאוּ, בְּשׁוּב יְהוָה צִיּוֹן.
ט פִּצְחוּ רַנְּנוּ יַחְדָּו, חָרְבוֹת יְרוּשָׁלִָם: כִּי-נִחַם יְהוָה עַמּוֹ, גָּאַל יְרוּשָׁלִָם.

NOW THAT IS NOT 3162 (unitedly). That is 3163(His Unity), which is a proper name. It could mean together, but considering that they actually see Yahuweh EYE TO EYE returning to Zion, I believe they are calling on a name. (I am not a Hebrew expert mind you, but could the one word have double significance? Perhaps the verse is saying the watchmen will sing together, Yachdo...)

1Ch 5:14 These are the children of Abihail the son of Huri, the son of Jaroah, the son of Gilead, the son of Michael, the son of Jeshishai, the son of Jahdo,(Yachdo) the son of Buz;

This all gets back to a few points. I am sure that Yada can show us the source that he used to get Yachdiy'el, I trust him, and his scholarship, but at the same time even when the mesorites and the English translators intentionally/unintentionally (whatever the case may be) covered up the true meaning of these verses by either modifying the original hebrew text or translating that text errantly into English, the true meaning is still there if you do a little digging. If I can't find Yachdiy'el I will definitely settle with Yachdo

HIS UNITY.....Amane :)

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2007 2:40:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 1:03:21 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

*bumping this post* Can anyone help with this?
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Matthew  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 3:39:28 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Here is one link that has a translation of the Qumran Isaiah Scroll: http://www.ao.net/~fmoeller/qa-tran.htm This link says the verse in question, Isaiah 52:9, can be found on page XLIII on line 24 in the original Great Isaiah Scroll.

I've tried looking on the this link, http://www.imj.org.il/shrine_ce...ple_Scrolling/index.html, which shows the original Great Isaiah Scroll in Hebrew from Qumran, and one can search for the relevant page and use a zoom tool to look at each word as it was originally written. I'm not sure if the first link correlates with the second link but maybe it does.

Maybe this will help ;)

Edited by moderator Monday, May 18, 2009 6:15:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Matthew  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 4:59:25 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Swalchy wrote:
The 2nd link you have there, Matthew, is actually to a scan of the Temple Scroll, not to the Great Isaiah Scroll, even though the website says it should actually be the Great Isaiah Scroll. Possibly a bad link on the webpage...

I thought that it might not be the same since the first link didn't quite seem to add up to the second link, they seemed to of had a different amount of lines.

Having a look now at your link ;)

EDIT:

I wonder now if my first link matches your (Swalchy) link?