logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2007 12:54:07 PM(UTC)
Yada

I had a convesation yesterday about the 4th Commandment being the "lengthiest commandment" in an attempt to convey the importance to God of keeping His Sabbath, the way and at the time He ordained. The other person suddenly said to me, "but what a minute, the 1st Commandment" actually looks like it is longer - containing more 'lines." He was using, I believe, a copy of the NLT.

I think that this was a really good insight from FH and I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on how I might clarify this?

Here is the quote from FH - 3, In a Manner of Speaking:

Quote:
I mean, it’s the lengthiest commandment of the ten; it seems to me that it’s got to have a deeper meaning than "Kick back and relax now and then, folks. You look like you could use a break."

You can read the complete chapter here.

-Yada

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2007 5:38:53 PM(UTC)
kp

Guys, please. FH ain't scripture (at least not the parts I wrote). All I meant to say was that Yahweh, through Mo, had a lot to say about keeping the Sabbath, comparatively speaking. So why don't we pay as much attention to it as we do to, say, "You shall not murder"? I know why in a cultural sense, of course: we were done in by Constantine's bishops in the fourth century---all that "Jewish stuff" had to go. But we as the Called of Yahshua have suffered in the dark because of their arrogance for seventeen centuries now. I'd say that's long enough. We need to get to the bottom of what it means to "remember the Sabbath day, to keep it set apart." I'm convinced that the ramifications of the fourth commandment go far, far beyond gathering for study or worship on one day of the week rather than another. That's the symbol, one we would do well to observe. But the reality that the symbol represents is a quantum leap more significant: it's nothing less than the fulfillment of Yahshua's title: Immanuel---God with us. It's the Millennial Kingdom, the Feast of Tabernacles, the honeymoon that follows the marriage supper of the Lamb and precedes an eternity of wedded bliss with our Husband and Lover, King Yahshua.

kp
Offline Yada  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2007 9:44:05 PM(UTC)
Yada

Thanks kp - wonderful post.

-Yada
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Jeannie  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2007 5:34:37 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

This is the major point!!!
Quote:
But the reality that the symbol represents is a quantum leap more significant: it's nothing less than the fulfillment of Yahshua's title: Immanuel---God with us. It's the Millennial Kingdom, the Feast of Tabernacles, the honeymoon that follows the marriage supper of the Lamb and precedes an eternity of wedded bliss with our Husband and Lover, King Yahshua.

Pastor's are quibbling over sematics and missing the whole point!!!