logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tiffany  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2007 8:36:07 PM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

I found this quote in Sukah-Tabernacles

Quote:
Yahweh's "signs" aren't trivial. His resume includes: god, creator of the universe, inventor of life, author of the Word, prophet, benefactor of the Covenant, Savior, and all around miracle worker. He alone has the capacity to consistently predict the future. He invented light, energy, matter, life and the rule which control them--few of which we mere mortals understand.

This quote reminds me of why Yahweh is the only one who can fills such big shoes, it would be in my opinion a good idea to remember the God we love, is the God who has welcomed us into his family! I love the idea that not only has he done this to make sure we are totally sustained but he does it so we can be in the family.

Blessings
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2007 6:45:59 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Tiffany, I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this passage. It helped ground me for the day. It is difficult for me to ponder the awesome power of Creator humbling Himself so much in order to redeem and relate to each of us who chose to respond to His love.
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2007 11:20:01 AM(UTC)
kp

Well put, Tif & Theo. I'm constantly mulling over the Torah, and it often occurs to me that the idea of the awesome Creator of the whole universe wanting us to follow a complicated system of rules so He could feel better is just plain ludicrous, like a man trying to train fruit flies to fly in figure eights. The "rules" are not there for His benefit---they're there for ours, either to help us live safe and healthy lives while we inhabit these mortal bodies, or to serve as signposts toward an eternal state of fellowship with Him. The concept of Yahweh caring about us, however, is quite a stretch as well. Why should He? Left to our own devices, we never would have figured that one out. But He told us He that loves us, and flawed human logic aside, we've got no reason to doubt that He does. When I get a tiny glimmer of realization that God loves me like this, I want to shout out loud and fly in figure eights myself!

kp