logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline theHessian  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 11:29:33 AM(UTC)
theHessian

Hello brothers and sisters of the YY forum. This is Adam, theHessian, and this is my first post! I hit a spiritual low a few days ago, and I'm pretty sure that father Yah wanted to get me talking to people.

a short bio: I'm a high school senior from a city right outside of D.C. and have a very diverse school community with a fair number of jews. it just so happens that I'm biologically jewish, and /was/ religiously christian. Regardless, I've always been drawn to my history and my people, specifically using the prophecies to point my people the way to the Messiah. even before I read YY and finally /got/ scripture, that's what it's always been about (He moves in mysterious ways, eh?).

Now, I've heard from the religious authorities on this, but I don't like horseplop very much. my question is:

According to the Torah, what makes a person biologically part of Israel?

I'm always wondering about this, and this is a rather personal issue. thanks for any and all help, and it's good to be with family,

Adam theHessian
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 12:03:31 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
A very big welcome to the forum Adam!

Not to long ago we had a discussion on this very topic, check the thread Where are the Jews?! under the section titled People, Places and Civilizations.

I'm a Gentile through and through, but my wife is part Jewish, and my kids have a surname with a -stein ending. I've always wondered if they have a genetic link to physical Israel, but I'm not sure because my wife's family is Jewish on her father's side but I'm not sure exactly how pure their blood is. So I too would be interested to know if they are considered Jewish descent or Gentile, or a mixture of both.

I like what KP wrote in the thread I mentioned above: But the only real definition---Yahweh's definition---is written at some level in the DNA. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find that there are multiplied millions of souls who are "Israelites" without knowing about it.

So I like to believe that it's not for me to know now, because what really matters is that my kids love Yahweh through Yahshua; however, yes, I am curious to know too.

When I became a newborn Christian I asked my pastor why we didn't keep the law and quickly got told it was nailed to the cross. Some years later after backsliding, I turned to God and began seeking Him with an open mind. By this time I was married to a part-Catholic part-Jewish (but fully atheist in belief) girl, so I began seeking to find the most accurate interpretation of Scripture and to understand the Jewish interpretation of Scripture, which lead me to Yahweh, and to FH, POD, TOM and YY. Also, in order get to know us a little more personally if you want here is a link to a thread, under the Fellowship section, where a few of us have shared our testimonies.

Very glad to have you on board theHessian!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 12:45:11 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Dude! Welcome! Especially for one with such a wonderful Avatar! I am a Zelda fan myself :D
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline shalom82  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 11:42:28 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Welcome to the Forum, Adam. Not that I can answer your question but I can offer my 1 cent and a half. What makes a person Israel...biologically...DNA I would think. As far as the rabbinic standards where the mother or grandmother of the person has to be a "Jew" for the person to be considered a Jew then David's own Grandad would not have been considered Jewish...according to the rabbis. And we all know the rabbis never contradict themselves or make vested interpretations... But in the end I think "covenant status" counts a lot more than the amount of Yid blood running through your veins. I too have been haunted by this very question in my past. I have Jewish blood in my father's family and have always been in love with Israel and the Jews...even from a very young age. So where do I fit in. It's like I am straddling a crevace with one foot on the goyim and another foot on the Yahudim. THankfully, when I got my priorities straight, when Messiah truly became my only boast, I found peace and security.

YHWH Bless You

YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline theHessian  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 10:08:19 AM(UTC)
theHessian

thanks robski, shalom, and matthew! it's great to be a writer on a board that I've been reading for quite some time.
I'm so glad that I got some truth on this, and I'm glad to be in such company.

I was recently talking to my friends about this, and one of them asked me "where do gentiles with jewish blood go in the millenium?" and I said, "uh...I have no clue. Jews go to Israel, and Gentiles go...somewhere else?" I promised them that I'd figure it out later, but never got back to them on it. I'll be sure to talk to them about it in lunch tommorow!

I'll be sure to post on the "hello my name is" board soon, shalom, and It's great to talk to y'all.

thanks!