logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Heretic Steve  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2008 11:08:12 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

This topic came up on Coast to Coast radio whose guest had written a book about Lennon. I had'nt really given this any thought previous to listening to the radio broadcast. As esoteric as the Beatles/music were/was, I'd imagine that most anything could be found in their music and interpreted in a variety of ways. However, after listening to the broadcast I recollected a tune by Lennon-"Instant Karma". I'd always found this to be one of Lennon's more compelling tunes. The recurring phrase in the chorus goes like this, "Well, we all shine on. Like the moon, the stars and the sun. Well, we all shine on. Like the moon, the stars and the sun. Everyone come on..."
There are other Beatle tunes which the sun appears to be the main theme, "Sun King", "Here comes the sun", etc.
Here is the pic of an album cover which had been recalled http://stargods.org/BeatlesEvil.html. The apparent child sacrfice implications are ominous.

I must confess that this saddens me as I've always liked Beatles music. Gotta admit, they were one incredible band. Much of their music was beautiful, "Yesterday" being one of many that come to mind. One could even call their music seductive. Beauty/seduction, two of bennie shakars' trump cards. Grrrr......
This leads to another aspect of music. The most beautiful christmas music I've heard is by "Interior Castle". It's beauty is truly stunning/moving. It's in the class of Handel's Messiah/Hallaluyah chorus. Yet, the music is apparently mithraic. Even Handel's chorus refers to Yahushua as "Lord of lords". This really bums me out big time as Handel's music would bring tears to my eyes as it is so very compelling.
So, are we gonna have to wait until the next life before there can be truly compelling/moving music without the mithraic corruption?
This world really sucks, big time. Even the beautiful music is tainted. It's infuriating. Can't wait till it's finally over. Now would not be to soon for me...

If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2008 11:50:19 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
John Lennon was an experimentor, I believe he sampled just about every religion out there. That is straight from Paul McCartney's (sp?) mouth. Someone wrote that in a book about the Beatles, too.
Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 5:01:06 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

John who? It does not matter what his music may have been about... the Rock does not care what John's music may have been about... ;-| Sometimes you gotta take the good and throw out the bad. When you cook you do not throw the whole plant or chicken into the pot... you gotta remove the yucky bits first, clean it out then put it into the pot. Then only you can get what you need. So it does not matter whether this John played some nasty music, listen to that which is not nasty. Get the recipe right and you'll enjoy yourself. If you smelllllll, what the Rock is cooking!

But seriously, almost everything is tainted with something or other, so just be aware what you put into yourself, and be even more cautious what comes out of you for it is not what goes into a man that makes him unclean but what comes out of him.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline BiynaYahu  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:42:31 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

So, what are you trying to say that the Torah food prescriptions have far reaching spirtual implications... that this is one of them... that knowing scripture and truth will help you fish through the spiritual provision provided so you can avoid the pork and eagle meat music? I don't know that seems to easy, too tidy, and too... Yeah right! But seriously though thats what shot through my head. I love the Beatles music, I also love Led Zeppelin, but I'm just very careful about which songs I ingest. Although I really do wish I could find some music down those musical lines, but with YAHUWEH, and YAHUshua as the focal concept.
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline Heretic Steve  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:53:29 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

Thanks Swalchy for the heads up regarding the stargods site as I did'nt read it. The author I mentioned on my original post talked about the album cover and I found/posted the pic although I did'nt bother reading what was there. Should have. Thx again.
I also appreciate the rest of the replies, thx gents...
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:50:04 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

BiynaYahu wrote:
So, what are you trying to say that the Torah food prescriptions have far reaching spirtual implications... that this is one of them... that knowing scripture and truth will help you fish through the spiritual provision provided so you can avoid the pork and eagle meat music? I don't know that seems to easy, too tidy, and too... Yeah right! But seriously though thats what shot through my head. I love the Beatles music, I also love Led Zeppelin, but I'm just very careful about which songs I ingest. Although I really do wish I could find some music down those musical lines, but with YAHUWEH, and YAHUshua as the focal concept.

At least Bob Marley almost got Yahuweh's Name right, he referred to Him as Jah. I don't think we'll see many popular Christian/Messianic bands doing reggae because of its link to the Rastafarian movement. I can't stand listening to popular radio-stations playing the latest commercial music, I'm not going to mention the name of one song currently making the rounds but it promotes the enjoyment of promiscuous homosexual behaviour and cheating on one's partner at the same time. I stick to one particular radio-station here, it plays nice classical music, including some opera, minimum words to the max and always peaceful.
Offline James  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:22:29 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I don't think I have ever let bad lyrics get in the way of good music. The song Imagine is a masterpiece, but I can't think of a single line I agree with. But as a musician I tend not to think of lyrics as an afterthought, and don't really consider them until about the 10th time I listen to the song.

As far as if John was a satantist, I think he was a communist, which is pretty close to the same so... But boy could he play and sing.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline kp  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 6:24:08 AM(UTC)
kp

Matthew wrote:
Quote:
"I stick to one particular radio-station here, it plays nice classical music, including some opera, minimum words to the max and always peaceful."

Have you ever read the librettos to these operas? They're chock full of adultery, murder, rape, mayhem, insanity, lust, and bad attitudes. In other words, it doesn't have to have a beat to miss the mark of Yahweh's truth. And modern humans didn't invent sin, nor do we have a monopoly on ways to express our sinful hearts in the public arena. Shoot, even when we try to honor Yahweh in our art forms we still screw it up half the time.

kp
Offline Heretic Steve  
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 8:38:41 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

"Have you ever read the librettos to these operas? They're chock full of adultery, murder, rape, mayhem, insanity, lust, and bad attitudes. In other words, it doesn't have to have a beat to miss the mark of Yahweh's truth. And modern humans didn't invent sin, nor do we have a monopoly on ways to express our sinful hearts in the public arena. Shoot, even when we try to honor Yahweh in our art forms we still screw it up half the time."

Hahahaha, I started to mention that about opera. It seems every last one of them pick the least inspiring topics.
Classic example? Madama Butterfly, beautiful music yet so sad. Adultery, brutal deception, despair, suicide. A real cheerer upper.
Offline Matthew  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 8:41:59 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

kp wrote:
Have you ever read the librettos to these operas? They're chock full of adultery, murder, rape, mayhem, insanity, lust, and bad attitudes. In other words, it doesn't have to have a beat to miss the mark of Yahweh's truth. And modern humans didn't invent sin, nor do we have a monopoly on ways to express our sinful hearts in the public arena. Shoot, even when we try to honor Yahweh in our art forms we still screw it up half the time.

kp

Haha, I'm not actually a fan of opera, and unfortunately when I drive home from work in the evenings it's like "opera hour" takes over on the station. But like rap, I find it difficult to make sense of what's being sung. I can't even figure out if these opera singers are singing in English or not. But these day I'm trying to get into the habit of using the drive-time to talk with Yahuweh as it's anywhere between a 30-60 minutes trip back home. Still, out of all the stations here I find the classical one the best, they even throw in some jazz music but only late at night. I'm still in the search for a good jazz station here.
Offline In His Name  
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 8:01:53 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
BiynaYahu wrote:
Although I really do wish I could find some music down those musical lines, but with YAHUWEH, and YAHUshua as the focal concept.

Check out Rhapsody online. They have large selection of alternative 'christian' music. A lot of different styles. You should be able to find some bands that please. Occasionally one will even use Yahweh's name (haven't run across Yahushua yet).
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14