logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply

Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
chrud Posted: Monday, August 31, 2020 1:08:16 PM(UTC)

Hi Mike,

Sent you a PM

Thanks!
-chrud
Mike Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2020 1:42:34 PM(UTC)

Hi chrud,

I am one of the editors. I have the newer Coming Home Volume 2 front and back covers with the Lion head instead of the Wheat. I wasn't involved in designing the book covers. I have the Observations Word documents but I don't gurantee that they are the final version that went to print. Jacki has been keeping track of all of that, big job. Jacki, Yada, and Allen would have the final version Word docs that went to print.

For editing the new version of Yada Yah we are using Google docs so that everyone can comment on the same document. This should make Jacki's job a lot easier.

I looked at your website and I was able to view the .epub files on my internet browser. They looked good. I don't know anything about .epub files.
chrud Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2020 11:07:16 AM(UTC)

Hi Mike,

I managed to embed the Early Semitic font into epubs of Yada's work, at least they worked on a limited sample of epub readers on my iPad. I created the "Coming Home" volumes from the Word Documents provided by Yada before the cover change. You can see them if you want, either as downloads or opened in an onsite epub reader, on the following webpage:

chrud.com/YadaYahowah

I was hoping to do this with all of the Yada Yahowah books, but haven't been able to get Yada's attention since then to get the Word Documents. I like using the originals because I can see the intent to replicate in epub form, even the colored text. It would be nice to be able to reach out to someone in the know...

-chrud
Mike Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2020 6:00:27 PM(UTC)

Hi Stewart James,

The ancient / paleo Hebrew characters in the Yada Yah pdf or Word documents are not pictures You will need to load the Semitic Early font, that is the one most used in these books. The file name is semear.ttf and it plus other Paleo Hebrew fonts are available for download at:

https://www.ancient-hebr...ow-to-type-in-hebrew.htm

In the Yada Yah Kindle books that are available at Amazon, the ancient / paleo Hebrew characters are actually pictures (jpg files). That is the only way that Jacki could get it to work.

Stewart James Posted: Friday, August 14, 2020 7:29:06 PM(UTC)

Perhaps the Observations is a newer version of the Adobe PDF documents? I would hazard a guess that the program directs the software to search for a windows representation for the characters?

However, when I copy from and edition of the PDF's into MS Word, I only get question marks ???? So Word does not find the characters!

I guess the Hebrew characters are a pasted picture into the original documents?

I cannot post a screenshot here, the insert image is only by URL link, so it's not possibe to show you what I am seeing! It looks like you have seen the same as me Busby!

I also mistakenly called the characters "Fixdys" when in fact they are wingdings in MS Word!
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Bubsy Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2020 9:47:16 AM(UTC)

I think I have also seen what you are talking about - instead of seeing Yahowah's name in the four paleo-Hebrew characters marking a break in a chapter, I see Greek characters. And within the text of the chapters, when Yada mentions the Hebrew characters of a word, I see something else entirely than the paleo-Hebrew character mentioned. I have seen this occurring in all the chapters of Observations For Our Times and Coming Home in Our Time, both of which I have only been able to find on YahowahBeryth.com. It doesn't matter if I read it on a Macintosh or on a Windows computer. But the chapters on YadaYah.com do show the proper paleo-Hebrew characters properly, both when illustrating an example and in the little breaks within a chapter.
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.
Stewart James Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2020 2:56:33 AM(UTC)

I am finding that the latest PDF documents in Observations are not rendering the Hebrew characters that I am used to in earlier PDF documents. There is a different kind of rendering which I think is called Fixdys?

Does anyone have any idea how I can rememdy this please? It makes the reading experience more difficult than I would like!

I should add that I am using the same computer for both the earlier PDF's with the correct characters and the later PDF's that show the errant characters!

I feel sure the problems lies with settings somewhere, but I cannot find the settings that might apply to resolve this problem!

I am aware it could also be to do with a newer and different version of the PDF's from the earlier ones?

Thanks in advance!

Stewart
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!