logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Kol  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2023 3:06:26 PM(UTC)
Kol
United States

I forgot my password and got no email response when I attempted to retrieve it. So, I created a new account. Formerly LoYada, I'm now Kol.
I picked that Hebrew word Because I'm interested in "everything" Yahowah has to say. I thought it was better than my "ignorant" former self.
hahaha.

This morning while journalling I started thinking about Bare'syth 1:26-7

Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness. And let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the
sky and the mammals of the earth….’ (Bare’syth / Genesis 1:26)

So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created man, male and female He created them. (Bare’syth / Genesis 1:27)

I assume everyone knows, men and women have both male and female sex hormones, just in different quantities. Yet again Yahowah's word is true
and verifiable. We have both male and female qualities, a reflection of Yah.

In the material realm our sex hormones are important for reproduction etc. What about in the spiritual realm? I don't think there's any need
for sex or reproduction there. I doubt if souls have hormones. Our souls must have male and female qualities, right? Do we "forget" sex as
well as other material realm related things that no longer apply once we are in the spiritual realm?

...often times it seems like I'm still ignorant. hahaha

Offline MadDog  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 9, 2023 8:18:47 AM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I think it'll be something we aren't used to. A different type of intimacy.
It sure sounds like Yah wants to merge with us in 6+1=7. Bikuwrym is about
offspring and the Covenant is about family. Sex is not a "bad" thing btw.
I used to think I had a pretty good grasp of spiritual matters but now I'm
not so sure anymore. I mean why not, why can't Yah be intimate. He saw
something in Dowd that he really liked and we all know what a horndog he was.
What bothers me more is that Yah allowed slavery.
Offline Theophilus  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2023 2:00:51 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Hello Kol, I like your new handle btw and wish I could chaneg mine to something more appropriate than whenI created my orignal one.

I like much of Mad Dog's response. I think of Yada specuating that one of the seven dimensions of reality he proposes as being one responsible for actrative force / effect like gravity, another for seperation, and yet another for pure communication (Yada - knowing). If this is remotely accruate I suspect our empowered and magified state allows for attraction and knowing in ways not understandable in our current limited frame of reference. I realize this doesn't address the question of sex hormones, but susect you're on to something noting Yah's mention of He and we havign masculien and feminine aspects.

Ps: I see that your profile you're in or were in Maui, HI and hope that you and yours are okay and in a place to recover from the recent tragedy there.

Respectfully,
Offline Theophilus  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2023 2:21:58 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Originally Posted by: MadDog Go to Quoted Post
I think it'll be something we aren't used to. A different type of intimacy.
It sure sounds like Yah wants to merge with us in 6+1=7. Bikuwrym is about
offspring and the Covenant is about family. Sex is not a "bad" thing btw.
I used to think I had a pretty good grasp of spiritual matters but now I'm
not so sure anymore. I mean why not, why can't Yah be intimate. He saw
something in Dowd that he really liked and we all know what a horndog he was.
What bothers me more is that Yah allowed slavery.

Greetings MadDog,

I share your discomfort about slavery being recognized in the Towrah. Some years ago I participated in a forum that included a wide variety of prespectives and recall a suprising one making a limited defense of the practice of slavery in the ancient world. If I recall correctly, the basic case was connsodering what options ancient tribal societies had when in conflict with their neighbors. Ideally people groups could negotiate peaceful solutions, however when this wasn't possible, peoples would battle eaach other until a stalemate led to a tense peace, or one side prevailed and the victor could:

1) allow the loser to retreat and possbily return when they recovered their strength;

2) utterly destroy their foes; or

3) make some or all of the defeated peoples capitives/slaves of the victors.

All of these options aside from mutally agreed upon peaceful ones seem unappealing to me, but they puts the possiblity of slavery in context and while brutal and ugly, an understandable option in a world of imperfect and selfish / fearful peoples.

I wonder in context what option(s) you'd wish the Towrah prescribed when Yisrael was in conflcit with their neighbors that excluded capitivity of their defeated foes?

Please know this is to no way me making light of the very real horrors of slavery.

Respectfully,
Offline MadDog  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2023 7:03:08 PM(UTC)
MadDog
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
There are many stories in the Torah that I find disturbing. Slavery being one of them.
I also understand that there were varies circumstances where people could or would find
themselves enslaved. Even voluntarily. If anything, I'm disappointed because I thought
Covenant were supposed to be above all of this. But here we are with Sarah offering Hagar
up like a piece of meat for a dirty old man. What should have happened was for Sarah and
Abraham to do was set Hagar free and let her make her own decision. I'm probably
in the minority but I don't see Sarah in a good light for what she did. And instead
of returning her to her Home country and giving her gifts to support herself and their
son, she kicks them out in the middle of a wilderness which to me seemed like a death
sentence.
Offline Theophilus  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 28, 2023 1:29:01 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Originally Posted by: MadDog Go to Quoted Post
There are many stories in the Torah that I find disturbing. Slavery being one of them.
I also understand that there were varies circumstances where people could or would find
themselves enslaved. Even voluntarily. If anything, I'm disappointed because I thought
Covenant were supposed to be above all of this. But here we are with Sarah offering Hagar
up like a piece of meat for a dirty old man. What should have happened was for Sarah and
Abraham to do was set Hagar free and let her make her own decision. I'm probably
in the minority but I don't see Sarah in a good light for what she did. And instead
of returning her to her Home country and giving her gifts to support herself and their
son, she kicks them out in the middle of a wilderness which to me seemed like a death
sentence.

I think you raise worthy concerns here MadDog. I'll have to dig deeper into this account, but certainly see why Yada holds Abraham in relatively low regard. Sarah wanting Hagar and Ishmail out of her sight seems a human response on here part to me, but certainly not a noble or godly action, the same with offering Hagar up to Abraham in the first place. My recall of the details are sctechy now, but wonder if Hagar and Ishmail were not indeed provided suffient sustanance by Abraham and Sarah to see them off with the means to survive, or if they survived only due to divine intervention?

Offline Kol  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 17, 2023 4:30:03 PM(UTC)
Kol
United States

I survived the fires...again, as fires have been a regular occurence since
HC&S left the sugar cane fields fallow all those years ago. Before that, the
yearly burning of the cane fields (including all the PVC irrigation pipes)
at harvest time was scary (and toxic for sensitive people). Government officials
blaming climate change is a total lie. The government's mismanagement of the
disaster has got people pissed off. Anyone who is not anti-establishment at
this point is ignoring the facts. I'm in Lower Kula. Not far from the 20?
houses distroyed by the fires in upper Kula. Way less tourists are comming and
unemployment instantly hit double digits with no end in sight. I'm considering
moving, even though I spent so much of my time and resources building my
"Doomstead" here. On the bright side, that might increase the odds of meeting
others who Love Yah in person, as that has not happend for me yet. One in a
million is tough odds on an island with a population of around 168K. Hahaha
Offline Mowriyah7  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2023 10:08:46 AM(UTC)
Mowriyah7
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
It's good to hear that you're ok Kol. I hope your economic situation improves and I hope you had a lovely Taruw'ah!